We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use, and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information, and how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
1. Who We Are
Blackhistorytees collects uses, and is responsible for certain personal information about you.
When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the
European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as controller of that personal
information for the purposes of those laws, as well as additional applicable State and Federal laws.
2. The Personal Information We Collect and Use
2.1. Information Collected by Us
In the course of providing educational information around health matters we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
• name and email when you sign up to receive resources.
2.2. Information Collected from Other Sources
We also obtain personal information from other sources as follows:
2.3. How we use your personal information
We use name and email address to:
• market and send you requested information from our website.
2.4. Who We Share Your Personal Information With
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
Otherwise, we will not share your personal information with any other third party.
2.5. Whether Information Has to Be Provided by You and Why
The provision of name, email, and phone number are is required from you to enable us to market and contact you regarding your inquiry. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
2.6. How Long Your Personal Information Will Be Kept
• We will hold your name and email in our system for a minimum of four (4) years, or as otherwise provided by law.
• However, at any time if you wish to unsubscribe for our mailing list you may do so by using the unsubscribe button or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.7. Reasons We Can Collect and Use Your Personal Information
We will only collect your personal information (name and email) as you willing provide.
5. Your Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
• Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
• Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
• Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
• Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
• Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
• Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
• Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
• Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
• Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
• Email email@example.com
• Let us have enough information to identify you, by providing your name and email provided to use
• Let us know the information to which your request relates any related business matter we provide.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any communications you can also click on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email. It may take up to 7 business days for this to take place.
6. Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
8. Changes to This Privacy Notice
This privacy notice was published in December 2020.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do the latest policy will be available on our website.
9. How to Contact Us
Please contact us, if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Do You Need Extra Help?
Please contact us (see “How to contact us” above)